Assistant Company Secretary
- Job reference no: VN11552
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We are pleased to announce we are looking for an Assistant Company Secretary to join our London-based team, working in a hybrid, newly-created role.
In this role, you will be assisting the Deputy Company Secretary and broader Company Secretarial department with delivering a premium level of service suitable for the requirements of a global FTSE company.
Who will you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
Delivering through a global house of specialist recruitment brands we understand our clients' resourcing needs, matching sought-after skills with dynamic organisations, game-changers with change-makers.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Managing the schedules of Board and Committee meetings and maintaining rolling agendas and action trackers
- Overseeing the timely distribution of Board and Committee packs via Diligent.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to share capital including all employee and discretionary share plan transactions
- Undertaking various corporate governance projects as required, including but not limited to periodic review of the Corporate Governance Framework, oversight of project insider lists, scheduling of Stock Exchange announcements and block listing activities
- Drafting sections of the Annual Report
- Managing the Annual General Meeting
- Maintaining statutory and other records for all entities within the business, ensuring the timely submission of statutory filings for those entities and the accuracy of the information on Blueprint
- Providing company secretarial support on corporate projects
- Overseeing the work of the Company Secretarial Assistants
- Mentoring and guiding the Company Secretarial Assistants, developing their technical capabilities
- Chartered Institute of Governance qualified (Associate)
- A minimum of five years PQE relevant experience working in a company secretarial department of a listed company
As well as all the standard benefits you come to expect, we are pleased to offer;
- Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Generous 28-day annual holiday allowance in additional to public holidays
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five paid days Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Company sick pay to support your mental and physical wellbeing
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare, discounted dental insurance and health-scheme cash back
- Opportunity to participate in the company share scheme
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.