Controls and Governance Analyst
- Job reference no: VN10920
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a new Controls and Governance Analyst to join our team based in Glasgow. In this global role, you'll be designing, deploying and maintaining an effective and fit for purpose Controls and Governance framework in line with SThree requirements.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. Operating globally, with nearly 3000 employees in our team, we are a purpose driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future.
What will you be doing?
The Controls and Governance Analyst will be working with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, across sales and all core functions, to ensure the Risk, Controls and Governance Framework is effectively deployed and operated. This will include supporting Risk and Control Owners in critical activities such as: Risk assessment, assessment of the effectiveness of the Controls Environment and maintaining the departmental Risk and Controls Registers.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Controls and Governance
- Support the Risk and Control Owners to maintain the Risk and Internal Control registers, ensuring best practise guidelines are followed and quality standards are adhered to as set out in the Risk, Controls and Governance Framework
- Provide SME assessment of the effectiveness of the Control Environment, gap analysis and plan remediation with the Risk and Control Owners where required
- Maintaining all Risk, Controls and Governance Framework documentation
- Maintain the Controls and Governance SharePoint Hub, updating content and managing user access permissions
- Operation of key Controls and Governance Internal Controls
- Process change management requests for the Group Authority Matrix
- Support Controls and Governance initiatives, and partner with key stakeholders in transformation and continuous improvement activities in line with key risks identified
- Work closely with SAP IT, IT Service Desk and Functional Role Owners to run and maintain the SAP Access review process.
Reporting & Analytics
- Produce the Risk, Controls and Governance KPI and Reporting packs as per key deadlines
- Produce the Internal Audit open item reports for use within the processes and during the monthly IA review meeting
- Produce control environment effectiveness assessment reports in a detailed and timely manner to support the Risk and Control Owners in maintaining or improving the strength of the control environment
- Produce the Risk, Controls and Governance reporting and analytics as required for the Risk and Compliance Committee or Audit Committee meetings
What skills/experience should you have?
- Part Qualified/Finalist CIMA/ACCA Accountant or QBE
- Experience within a similar role (Assurance, Internal Audit or Internal Controls Design and Deploy)
- Knowledge of Risk Management and Internal Control Frameworks (i.e. SOx , COSO)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, comfortable in dealing with stakeholders from all levels of an organisation
- Strong Office 365 including Microsoft Excel experience (Embedded formulas, VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables) and SharePoint skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities while balancing workload with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, communication, problem-solving and team working skills are essential
In return for your commitment we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- A generous holiday allowance increasing by 1 day each year for 5 years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.