Fixed Asset Assistant Accountant
- Job reference no: VN10812
- Job type: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We're pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a Fixed Asset Assistant Accountant, to join our team based in Glasgow. In this role, you'll be the lead on all Fixed Asset related accounting for the group, delivering accurate information to management on a monthly basis, supporting both financial forecasting and the lead contact for asset related Audit Deliverables.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. Operating globally, with nearly 3000 employees in our team, we are a purpose driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future.
Key responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
Month End & Reporting
- Prepare and post monthly depreciation & amortization Journals.
- Calculate and post central pre-payments, travel costs and computer expenses accruals
- Assist AP Non-Trade with invoice coding and posting reviews.
- Trend & movement analysis on monthly depreciation and asset movements, including comparisons against plan in a clear and concise manner.
- Ownership of the monthly accounts close for the all fixed assets and depreciation/amortization, adhering to the monthly close timetable.
- Follow up on Project Reporting & Capex
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts - including collation of all necessary supporting documents.
- Proactively work with relevant stakeholders to ensure all outstanding balances are followed up with clear notes, time-lines and actions for resolution
- Assist with the production of the monthly Risks and Opportunities schedule
Operations & Controls
- Working closely with IT on Roadmap & Senior Decision Committee Projects to ensure correct costs are being charged and governed with relevant schedules maintained
- Calculating & maintaining a standard cost approach for internal project employees within the group
- Liaise with budget holders in other departments to resolve queries and assist with reviews
- Assist the Head of External Reporting with periodic impairment reviews
- Involvement on some exciting internal projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist with ensuring the necessary controls are in place to meet Finance's objectives in terms of Accuracy & Integrity, Efficiency, Effectiveness & High Quality Audit Trail
Year End and Half Year
- Contribute to deliverable items as part of group and local audits, working with the External Reporting team to ensure all audit requirements are met.
What skills/experience are we seeking?
- HND in Accounting, AAT, equivalent or QBE
- Knowledge on Standard Costing approach for project employees would be beneficial
- Analytical skills with the ability to explain financial matters
- Good MS Office experience necessary (VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables)
- A good working knowledge of financial systems is beneficial (especially with previous experience of SAP, BW & Business Objects)
- Resourceful and good attention to detail
- Comfortable to work under pressure
- Strong people skills are essential
In return for your commitment we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- A generous holiday allowance increasing by 1 day each year for 5 years
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers.
We are also really excited to announce our permanent move to hybrid working so we are encouraging our people to work where they feel most productive - with a blended office/home working model.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.