Global Sustainability Manager
- Job reference no: VN11767
- Job type: Permanent
- Salary: bonus GBP
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
SThree are delighted to announce that we are recruiting for a talented Global Sustainability Manager to support our Purpose & Inclusion team. This hybrid role can be based in London or Glasgow, but given the remote nature of our work, could allow for the post holder to based anywhere in the U.K.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the environmental strategy which includes building and implementing plans to achieve environmental targets, and delivering complaint reporting on progress towards them.
Who would you be working for?
SThree is the global STEM-specialist talent partner that connects sought-after specialists in life sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics with dynamic organisations across the world. We are the number one destination for talent in the best STEM markets: these are today's unsung heroes who positively shape the future. Now we're helping them shape their own futures.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Working with external carbon data platform and directing the ESG Coordinator on reporting requirements and timelines to meet external reporting deadlines.
- Identifying carbon data gaps and developing data improvement plans to address these.
- Educating internal stakeholders on carbon data needs, processes and requirements to support improved data capture.
- Supporting the development of carbon reduction plans across the business with key leaders, to ensure we make the changes outlined in our net zero transition plan.
- Providing the ESG Committee with regular updates on carbon reduction plans, outcomes and changes.
- Leading our annual CDP submission to ensure we meet all requirements to be scored in accordance with CDP guidelines and deadlines.
- Developing tools that support the sales team to complete client tenders.
- Helping to build a data driven culture within the Purpose and Inclusion Department.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to collate insights, data and relevant information to complete the submission.
- Staying abreast of CDP changes to adapt our approach
- SECR reporting aligned to the GHG protocol within our Annual Report and Accounts.
- TCFD reporting within our Annual Report and Accounts.
What knowledge and experience will you need for the role?
- Strong experience of delivering compliant carbon reporting in a multi-site business.
- A proven track record in delivering CDP submissions.
- A strong knowledge of environmental reporting compliance requirements for a publicly listed company.
- An understanding of the Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosures and the reporting requirements across the recommendations.
- Experience in completing climate-related scenario analysis.
- Awareness of the Science Based Target Initiative, net zero and carbon reduction actions.
In return for your commitment, we offer a range of benefits including …
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 28 holiday allowance plus bank holidays, which can be taken at a time of your choosing.
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Five day's paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company shares option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
- Hybrid working
At SThree we pride ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that our colleagues have adequate support to excel in their careers
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.