Senior Learning & Development Consultant
- Job reference no: VN10921
- Job type: Permanent
- Salary: competitive EUR
- Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
Are you engaged by working close to the business and designing learning interventions for the senior leadership team? Are you looking for an international career in a global organization? SThree is looking for a Senior Learning & Development Consultant. Join us and help us bring skilled people together to build the future.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Learning and Development Consultant, you will be part of the regional learning team. Your Learning team colleagues are based in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Japan.
Around 80% of our employees are a part of commercial functions. Therefore your role will be instrumental in partnering with the business to define what key programs we should deliver for different target groups.
In this role, you will focus on training established senior Leaders across our region. Aside from that, you will engage in coaching activities with those leaders. Finally, you will run exciting people projects as our organization quickly evolves.
What you'll do
- Get close to the business and define training needs and skills gaps across your target audience
- Design and establish essential leadership talent paths
- Implement talent assessment criteria and tools in partnership with our Talent team
- Define your course learning products portfolio based on the business needs
- Advertise and market the product portfolio to your audience
- Identify key talent and use coaching to upskill them
- Run engaging in class or virtual training and workshops
- Analyze and build reporting on the success of your learning products
On a typical week
On a typical Monday morning, you start the day in our Zuidas Office in Amsterdam. You pick a desk on one of our two floors and get ready to join our weekly Learning team standup. You have already prioritized your projects for the upcoming week and are eager to jump in.
You're starting your week by sending out the last communication for launching one of the new Leadership programs for Senior Leaders in partnership with Franklin Covey the next day. You are very excited to run this program, and all key players of the regional organization are in your audience. You've already been certified for this training and had a dry run with your team, so you're ready and excited to deliver it.
Before starting your afternoon, you join your colleagues for a nice lunch or our fitness enthusiasts for a workout in the gym.
Afterward, you'll meet with our Managing Director Jelte to discuss and confirm your plans for the next quarter. You are also discussing key talent and sharing your insights on how to best support their development.
Tomorrow you'll be working from the SThree Amsterdam office on the canals in Keizersgracht, where you are running the first session of your new Leadership program. You spend the day in an interactive session with our top leaders and have engaging but challenging discussions around crucial leadership roles and competencies during the session. This program serves as a foundation for leadership across the organization. Therefore you need to get the buy-in.
The next day you are working from home. You've reserved the entire day for deep work as you would like to design your training follow-up activities. You are planning to shadow the leaders and help them implement the knowledge from the training.
On Thursday, you are meeting with our "Blueprint" commercial training team to partner on launching a new program for the leadership population in Sales and upskill them in negotiation. This project is very exciting and will impact the bottom line.
On Friday, you have a one-on-one with your manager, Alex, the Head of Learning. Later that day, you have a mid-quarter strategy update with the Learning team.
After a productive afternoon and a busy week, you're happy to close your laptop and join the team for the Friday drinks.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced Learning professional who is hungry to grow their skills and competencies and eager to own and run a learning portfolio. You are a highly motivated, data-driven, and customer-centric self-starter, with business knowledge and excellent communication and training skills. Furthermore, you have superb coaching skills and are comfortable challenging all seniorities across and organization.
- 5+ years of Leadership development, L&D, and talent experience
- Proven track record of designing and developing Leadership programs
- Robust coaching experience
- Digitally savvy
- Staffing consulting experience is a plus
- A key role in shaping the education of over 500 employees in the region
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to shape your day-to-day work
- Global career opportunities
- Flexible working hours, working from home, and working abroad arrangements
- A high degree of autonomy in a vibrant, result-driven, inclusive, and international team
- Two offices in Amsterdam - Amsterdam Zuid or Keizersgracht
- 25 paid holidays per year
- Pension plan
- Personal development budget
- All public transport expenses covered;
- Laptop + all other equipment you need to do your work in the office or the home office
- Fun team activities;
Apply for the job
Are you excited to become our Learning & Development Consultant? Then we'd love to hear from you! Please submit your application before the 15th of August. We are looking to hire for this role as soon as we find an eligible candidate.Apply for this job